Are you a Writer, Director or Actor based in York? Have you struggled to engage in your creative practice under COVID restrictions? Then we want to hear from you!
As part of our Arts Council England funded Artistic Programme Building Back Creative People and Places, we are offering micro commissions and a series of professional development to a diverse range of local artists, to promote creativity, collaboration and connectedness that might have been lacking over recent months.
What we are looking for
- 5 Writers, 5 Directors and 5 Actors from York (and surrounding areas), from all levels of experience, to work together to produce 10 minute solo performances that can be performed in a York city-centre pub or coffee shop. The theme of the performances we are looking for is ‘Moments Yet To Come’.
- We are particularly interested in meeting Writers, Directors and Actors from underrepresented demographics. This includes (but is not limited to) creatives who identify as BIPOC, Disabled, LGBTQ+, or who have caring responsibilities.
- Creatives who can commit to an introductory meeting, at least one remote rehearsal, a COVID safe in-person rehearsal, and 1 performance.
- Are registered self-employed.
What we are offering
- A £100 micro-commission per creative.
- An opportunity to present work, supported by our company’s Artistic Director, Creative Producer and Production Manager.
- Access to Next Door But One’s free mentoring sessions and professional development workshops throughout 2021, to support creatives to reconnect and build on their practice.
To apply, all Writers, Directors and Actors are asked to submit a profile/portfolio of work (this could be a website, CV, Spotlight page etc). The profile/portfolio should include examples of your work (Writers - what you have written previously, Directors - what you have directed previously, and Actors - some form of showreel or short recording of you performing). Along with this, please send:
- Writers – a short treatment (max 300 words) of the monologue you propose to write and why. The theme is ‘Moments Yet To Happen’; within all the conversations around COVID, are there moments that we are overlooking, that we could be reminded of? Good news, a friendship, a first date, relaxation, excitement? You may also want to take inspiration from the venue of a pub or coffee shop.
- Directors and Actors – a 1 minute video of you introducing yourself and briefly outlining why you would like to be a part of this project; how would being involved in this project support your development as an artist?
If any of these methods are inaccessible to you, please get in touch so we can make alternative arrangements.
Any questions about Yorkshire Trios, to apply or to discuss access requirements, please contact email@example.com.